National Stocker Award Rules and Regulations
1. Beef Magazine, a publication of Penton Business Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is offering the “National Stocker Award” contest (“Contest”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Contest will be open to stocker operators who are 18 years of age and older as of February 1, 2009 who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Penton Media, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of such employees and/or those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state, and/or local rules and regulations apply.
3. Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on February 1, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on May 1, 2009.
4. Enter by filling out an official entry form available at www.nationalstockeraward.com and providing the requested information about the nominated stocker operation on the entry form. Entries should be submitted to BEEF—postmarked no later than 5:00 p.m. E.T. on May 1, 2009 — Attn: Debbie Weinhold, 7900 International Drive, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55425. Entries are limited to one per person. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsors shall not be responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, invalid, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled, mutilated or misdirected entries. Entry forms or requests that are tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that their respective entries are their own fully original creations, and their respective Entries (including but not limited to any materials integrated into their Entries) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and/or rights of publicity/privacy. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
5. Overall winners will be selected by the judging committee, based on the criteria that are presented on the nomination form. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges; said decisions are final. Winners will be notified via telephone and/or e-mail. Winners will be honored at the NCBA Annual meeting to be held in 2010. Winners in each category will be featured in the October issue of BEEF. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after October 15, 2009, to BEEF, Attn: Debbie Weinhold, 7900 International Drive, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55425.
6. All entries and requests become the property of Penton Business Media, Inc., and will not be acknowledged or returned. Penton Business Media, Inc. will have the right to photograph the winner. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purpose of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. All entries must be original, may not have previously won the overall award, and must not infringe on any third-party rights. Submission of an entry constitutes entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign to Penton Business Media, Inc. any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Submission of an entry grants Penton Business Media, Inc. and its agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
7. All entrants release Penton Business Media, Inc., its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this contest.
8. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
The Sponsor of this Contest is
Penton Media, Inc., 7900 International Drive, Suite 300,
Minneapolis, MN 55425.